Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Being a Wife

I have been a wife for almost 3 years now. The road to where we are now hasnt been the perfectly paved, we've hit a few pot holes, road blocks, and detors, but we have managed to work through it without killing eachother!! We were told that marriage wasnt going to be easy, and the people that told us that were right, it isnt. I have found that marriage isnt something you can learn about from a "Marriage for Dummies" book, it's something that you just have to take day by day. I always wanted to be the "Perfect" wife, the one with has dinner on the table everynight, breakfest and coffe ready every morning, the house always spotless(thanks to my O.C.D, it always is!!) 24-7 perfectness, no flaws, no mistakes, always the BEST wife for my husband. I felt that if I wasnt he would find someone who was. Well reality is I was this way for the past 3 years, and have FINALLY come to realize thats not really what being a "wife" is always about. I was always so worried about everything else that the things that really mattered were being overlooked. I have in No way been a "bad" wife throughout all this, just focused on the things I thought were important. Finally I have seen the light and now that Im not so worried about the "little" things married life is sooo much happier. I am blessed to be married to the man God chose for me to spend life with, he is my Bestfriend, my rock, and the love of my life. Where I am weak he is strong, and where he is weak I am strong. I look foward to falling asleep with him at my side and knowing that when I wake he will still be there, till death us do part. Say what you mean, and mean what you say!!!

No comments: